Join in the Anderson Arts Center’s annual juried show exhibit by submitting entries for SculpTOUR, a sculpture competition held through a partnership with the City of Anderson.
This competition allows for up to four outdoor sculptures to be juried into a year-long outdoor exhibition with cash prizes of $2000 for each selected piece.
This year’s competition is particularly exciting because the City of Anderson is hosting more than 200 international executives and community leaders for a week-long conference in mid-April 2024. The INMC (International Network of Michelin Cities) Conference will bring an abundance of additional tourists to the area to see your work on display.
Entry Deadline: March 1, 2024
Notification of Acceptance: March 8, 2024
Installation Timeframe: April 1-11, 2024
Works will be selected by a committee composed of City of Anderson and Anderson Arts Center sculpTOUR committee.
Award: $2000 per sculpture
Submissions must follow all guidelines as stated.
The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2024
QUESTION ABOUT THE sculpTOUR APPLICATION? CONTACT ERIN SPAINHOUR AT ERINS@ANDERSONARTS.ORG
This call for entries is open to all sculptors working in North America.
Entries must be submitted by March 1, 2024.
Submissions require a $40 non-refundable application fee per sculpture.
Work must be suitable for outdoor installation and must:
1. Be structurally secured and surface mounted to a concrete pad with anchor bolts or similar devices;
2. Be capable of withstanding adverse weather conditions, such as high winds, high temperatures, heavy rain, storms, etc.;
3. Be able to withstand a high traffic, public park environment;
4. Take into consideration the safety of the audience;
5. Be maintenance-free during the exhibition period.
6. Installation must be attended by the artist or their provided representative.
All entries must be completed prior to submission. No incomplete works, project proposals, or works previously displayed with the Anderson Arts Center will be considered.
Rules & Terms:
- Sculptures MUST be installed between April 1 – 11, 2024. Any sculpture that cannot be installed by that time will be disqualified, and an alternate will be chosen.
- Artists may sell the work during the project period. However, the work must remain on site for the duration of the exhibition.
- City of Anderson and Anderson Arts Center staffs will coordinate the scheduling of sculpture installation.
- Anderson Arts Center will provide insurance throughout the exhibition period for a maximum claim determined based on the value of each piece. Neither the City of Anderson nor the Anderson Arts Center will be held responsible for damage due to inherent vice or poor construction materials.
- By submitting to this Competition, the artist agrees to comply with all rules and requirements.